Am I Pregnant? Five Signs of Pregnancy in Berkeley Lake, GA
Your period is late. Does that mean you are pregnant? The simple answer is that you might be, but there are a few other things to consider before settling into a state of panic. Missing a period is pretty common. There are some explanations for missing a period beyond being pregnant: hormonal imbalances, infections, diseases, trauma, and certain medications.
Every pregnancy is different, and not every woman may experience every symptom of pregnancy. Nevertheless, some signs might be an indication of pregnancy and should be considered when trying to determine whether or not you might be pregnant.
- Slight Bleeding: Up to 25% of pregnant women experience slight bleeding or spotting lighter in color than normal menstrual blood. This can occur when the fertilized egg implants in the wall of the uterus.
- Breast Tenderness: A recent poll found that around 17% of pregnant women reported that a change in their breasts was an initial sign of pregnancy.
- Nausea or vomiting: Feeling queasy and nauseous is often referred to as morning sickness, but this ill feeling can be present any time of day or night. In the same poll, 25% of women reported that “morning sickness” was an early pregnancy sign.
- Headaches: Headaches are common during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. Pregnancy hormones, along with stress, can cause these pesky headaches.
- Fatigue: Hormonal changes can result in extreme exhaustion at the onset of pregnancy. It is possible to notice fatigue as early as one week after conception.
This list doesn’t include every pregnancy symptom that you might experience. Even if you have not experienced any of the symptoms above, you might still be pregnant. If you have missed your period, you should visit a healthcare provider to rule out pregnancy and determine if you need further medical attention.
At Obria Medical Clinics near Berkeley Lake, GA , we offer free pregnancy tests and ultrasounds along with realistic options to determine if parenting is right for you. Additionally, well-woman care is available to patients at a reduced cost. We understand that missing a period can be frightening and that experiencing an unintended pregnancy is life-altering. Obria offers a safe space to get answers and to find support. Please don’t wait and wonder alone; we are here to help. Call or text us at 770.338.1680 to schedule an appointment.