In School and Possibly Pregnant?
If you are a student in college or high school in Pasadena and have an unplanned, unexpected, or unwanted pregnancy – it is an emotional, and possibly a confusing time. You may have many concerns and questions and not sure where or how to get information or help.
One thing you can count on, is we are here to provide a safe, confidential place where you can feel supported, get accurate information, and make an informed decision that is best for you. Obria Medical Clinics provides no cost (Free) / low-cost pregnancy and health services including pregnancy testing, pregnancy ultrasounds, and accurate information and resources about all your pregnancy options. We walk alongside our patients and give them respect and dignity in their health care choices.
Your Possible Pregnancy and Pregnancy Questions
Your situation is unique, but you’re not alone, and there are answers. In the State of California, a forced abortion is illegal. We can help you understand your legal rights, so you can decide what’s right for you.
We can help you work through all the issues you may be thinking about – your school studies, your parents, the father, your friends, and of course your future. We are here to provide a compassionate, non-judgmental place for you to talk about everything and decide on next steps.
You may be wondering many things like:
- Am I pregnant?
- How do I know if I’m pregnant?
- I don’t have health insurance. How can I get medical care?
- How will I finish school?
- What will my parents say?
- Should I tell the father? How do I tell him?
- What if I’m not sure about my pregnancy decision?
- What will my classmates/professors/teachers think?
- What do other pregnant women do?
- What about my future?
- Will I lose my scholarship?
- How can I provide for a child?
- Can I get parenting education?
First Step – Pregnancy Test
The first step is to take a deep breath, and then confirm if you are pregnant or not. It is important to not get ahead of yourself and worry about being pregnant before you are sure.
A missed period is the most common indication of pregnancy, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you are pregnant. So, it is important to get an accurate pregnancy test – but not all pregnancy tests are accurate. Obria provides a no cost (Free) / low-cost lab grade pregnancy test, and if your pregnancy test is positive, you may qualify for an ultrasound. You will have the results during your appointment.
We also provide pregnancy verification which is an official document that is proof of pregnancy for insurance companies and community agencies, in case you need or want this documentation.
Our compassionate and caring medical and support staff are highly trained and dedicated to helping you.
Appointment & Contact Info
445 N. Lake Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91101
Abortion Risks & Side Effects Pasadena, CA: 91101
Click on your school below for directions.
High Schools – directions to Obria Medical Clinic Pasadena:
- Blair High School
- Flintridge Preparatory School
- John Muir High School
- La Salle College Preparatory
- Maranatha High School
- Pasadena High School
- Polytechnic School
- Rose City High School
- San Marina High School
- Westridge School
Colleges – directions to Obria Medical Clinic Pasadena:
- Art Center College of Design
- California Institute of Technology
- Institute of Culinary Education
- Los Angeles College of Music
- Pasadena City College – at East Colorado Blvd.
- Pasadena City College – at Lake Ave
- Pasadena City College – at Rosemead
- Point Loma Nazarene University
- Providence Christian College
- University of Southern California (USC)